- Lynne Dozier, a state and national award-winning writing teacher, has created THE WRITER'S VOICE: LESSONS IN COMPOSITION, a complete manual for student writers, including English
- language learners.
- A guide to creating personal, technical and academic compositions, prose and poetry, this unique, "easy-to-follow and kid-friendly" book also provides ways to improve vocabulary, strategies for
- taking standardized tests, and a brief history of the English language. As students move from
- "Keeping a Writer's Notebook" to "Building a Portfolio," they will discover the writing process, the
- role of criticism, research and self-evaluation in developing a writing style, and the importance of
- "reading like a writer and writing like a reader."
Sample lesson: the writer's voice, 18.
How Do I “Show Not Tell?”